Monday, February 8, 2010

Blog of the week - Polka Dot Pineapple

ALOHA. Arlette or "Lettie" from Hawaii has a lovely blog with great tutorials that I have been visiting, on and off, since last summer.
It's a fun blog to read and I enjoy her sense of humor.

http://mousechirpy-polkadotpineapple.blogspot.com/.
At the moment I am re-reading all the pincushion tutorials she has since I am participating in a pincushion swap. The photograph shows her "Heart to Heart Valentine" pin/brooch which seems appropriate for the month of February :)
As part of my learning how to do fabric origami I'm going to try making her folded hexagon yo-yo. You can find that tutorial, along with the others, in her sidebar. (Very convenient). The project I am really intrigued by is the wire edged flowers. Now if I could just get me and my "all thumbs" fingers to cooperate with liquid glue then maybe I might tackle that one :)

2 comments:

Micki said...

It looks like a really fun swap. The patterns are beautiful! Have fun with it!
Micki

Anonymous said...

Carol - I absolutely love Lettie's blog. :) Her blog deserves to be named blog of the week.