Monday, June 1, 2009

Sewing for pioneer trek

My two youngest are going on a pioneer style trek next week. They have to wear clothing "in the style" of early pioneers so my sewing machine has been busy. We made a bonnet and apron using Simplicity pattern #3723. One of my other daughters used the same pattern a few years ago to make a pioneer style dress for a school project.

We visited the thrift store and got two large men's shirts which I adapted using a pattern one of my friends found on-line and a pretty long dress which I made a skirt from. The dress would have been great as was but it was a bit too tight across the bodice for Kris hence the change to a skirt.

What's left to do? Another skirt or dress, a blouse or two, two pairs of pants and suspenders. We are going thrift store shopping again tomorrow to see what we can find to adapt.

2 comments:

Micki said...

That sounds like great fun! It is wonderful that you found those patterns.
Micki

Lula said...

would love to see pics