This is what I sent out. I deliberately kept the design simple because I wanted to experiment with the binding. Three 21/2'' strips sewn together then hand pleated on both sides.
The pins were spaced 1" apart then folded almost in half to create the pleats. I eyeballed most of it because I did not want the pleats to be exactly the same width.
Doing one side creates a natural curve. I machine basted the folds down 1/8" from the edge then went through the same process on the other side. Two edges sewn together 1/4" then the piece was attached to the right side and sewn in place. Turned and hand sewn in place on the back 1/4" seam.