Thursday, March 17, 2011

Beautiful Britain - Ireland

It's St.Patrick's Day so what better way to celebrate than to send you here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsVd1S6g284&feature=related

Ireland, known as "The Emerald Isle", is a wee country with a huge history, majestic scenery, and the ability to rouse romance and passion in the souls of many.
My ggg-grandfather George McGechie was born in Ireland abt. 1795. I have no idea when he jumped over the channel to Glasgow but he married a bonnie Scots lassie and she gave birth to my gg-grandfather, David, in 1819.


Here's an Irish Blessing for you all.
"Wishing you ... warmth in your home, love in your heart, peace in your soul ... and joy in your life."

2 comments:

Gillie said...

Now that we are in the UK I am determined to visit Ireland, I've never been, despite it being so close to mainland Britain!

Micki said...

You know I won't argue with you on that one. It is a lovely isle!
Micki