Saturday, March 26, 2011

Colourful Fridays - Copper Collage

I was not planning on participating this week due to spring break, some other commitments AND my computer acting a bit funky BUT when I looked at some of my smaller copper colored items I realized they were all gifts !!!!! Unfortunately I could not get the depth of copper color in my photograph but I still love it anyway.

Background fabric - a surprise gift in an on-line cross-stitch swap. She used it on the back of the exchange gift.
Wind chimes - a surprise birthday gift from our local elementary school librarian (a few years ago). it normally hangs in our sunroom and glows in the light.
Two of my necklaces - the large one a gift from my mother (part of a set) and the small one a recent gift from an on-line giveaway.
Two fabric postcards given to me in swaps. The copper colors sparkle in the light.
A wooden key holder - have you ever looked at wood closely and seen copper colors? There's a lot of that in my house.
Book - a gift to my husband. I love the gradation of "copperish" color.
A flower stem that normally sits in a bud vase with a rose.

Hop on over to http://daisyquilts.blogspot.com/ to see how some of the others overcame this challenging color choice.
If you head on over to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper you'll find some fascinating information about copper. The greens and blues in my photograph are part of the chemical process ;)

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great group of coppery goodies here. You did well.

Valspierssews said...

Wow! You have lots of copper things. I particularly like the bracelet with the round pink stones.

Rebecka said...

Great photo! I love that copper book cover. Well done!!

RG said...

Hi Carol, finally made it here *smile*
Yes it is a great post and you have some wonderful copper finds too.
Funny that so many are gifts... lovely gifts :D
Copper was a challenging one, but still fun... it made me look a little harder.
Another fun Friday :-)