Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Textile Corner - Scottie Dog madness

A few days ago I finally found an applique pattern for a Scottie Dog that was the right size. Yesterday I was playing around with some of my small quilt blocks and decided to use the pattern. I was so pleased with the finished result, in darker colors than I normally use, that I got going on another one. For the second one I used some of my Mary Engelbreit fat quarter stash and it turned out quite Christmassy looking. Now that I see the two of them together I feel inclined to make some seasonal variations :)

"Boston Grandma" sent me a fabric card as part of our one-to-one exchange at Postcard Pizzazz. It is a really gorgeous fan on a purple background. It arrived last night and we all ooohed and aaahed :)

Photographs of everything to come.

Speaking of photographs - my Snapfish quilt album came in the mail today. It turned out quite nicely for a first effort and I learned that I need to take some sharper images.

I took a jaunt over to Joann's this morning and ended up having a lesson on machine embroidery. Quite fascinating, but at the moment too expensive for me to justify a purchase.

No comments: