Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Scots Corner -The Royal Yacht Britannia, Leith



Sometimes you see the most interesting things. This is one of the internal phones on The Royal Yacht Britannia. I love old phones, they have such character and ambience. If I had space at our house I would probably start a collection. Mmmmm. Maybe I should draw up a design for a wall hanging.
The exhibition leading up to the ship is fascinating and I highly recommend it. The self guided tour round the ship takes a while and gives a wonderful glimpse into what was a working royal yacht. Very different to a lot of the pomp and circumstance surrounding the land dwellings.
http://www.royalyachtbritannia.co.uk/history/

2 comments:

Stephanie Hughes said...

This is a wonderful old phone and I think a quilt with these on it would be great. Great idea. Steph

Micki said...

What a wonderful phone! I have an old radio that reminds me of that!
Lovely!
Micki