Thursday, August 19, 2010

International Quilt Study Center & Museum Nebraska

Have any of you visited the center? I would love to know what you think. It's on my list of "must go visit".
This Friday sees the start of a new exhibit - "Childhood Treasures: Doll Quilts from the Ghormley Collection". It runs through December 12 and promises to be very interesting. I'm all thumbs when it comes to tiny piecing and really like the look of this little beauty.
http://newsroom.unl.edu/releases/2010/07/26/Doll+quilt+exhibit+opens+Aug.+6+at+quilt+museu

If, like me, you have never visited the center you might like the web site. Lots of interesting information in there and every month they spotlight one of the quilts from their collection. You can also have fun creating your own quilt :) http://www.quiltstudy.org/

3 comments:

pajudie said...

Hi Carol -
I haven't visited the new center but I used to live in Lincoln and have seen some of the quilts in the collection - they are absolutely fabulous!! I've only heard good about the new facility - you'll have to take a road trip for all of us out here who are too far away from Nebraska to visit :o)
Judie

Calicojoan said...

Come visit me, it's not more than a 6 hr drive from here! I would love to go too!

Ivory Spring said...

Hi Carol,

It's lovely to hear from you. I have never been there, but like you, would love to go.