Friday, August 27, 2010

Project update - "Oh Mumsie" - part 2

Darling daughter has handed over the quilt we designed and made on Saturday evening /Sunday afternoon. I helped her with the design and cut the fabric. She sewed.

She opted to tie it since we did not have time to hand or machine quilt it. I might try a variation of it soon.
The pattern we came up with takes 2 yards each of three different colors plus a strip of fabric she had left over from her own quilt.
I am currently working on my "maybe" wall hanging. As usual it has morphed and taken on a life of it's own. The flimsie top just has to have the corners mitered and next week I plan on doing the applique.

1 comment:

Oops-Lah said...

I have to laugh when I read your post title!: That's exactly how my daughter calls me (especially when she want somethings)! Nice work incidentally!