Monday, September 6, 2010

Project update - Experimenting with triangles

I'm alternating between cutting out bits of fabric for applique and some triangle experiments.

Have any on you seen the "cut out 10" squares, put two face sides together, seam 1/4" round the outside edge then cross cut to make triangles" tutorial that's slowly going round blog land?
I've been wanting to do large pinwheels so thought I would give it a try and as usual got to playing.

Two cross strips of fabric makes 8 10" squares.




If you cut the 10" blocks into 5" blocks you can make this .....


Yep, I only made one pinwheel but had a whooole lot of fun re-arranging triangle squares. I might do some more to see what happens :)

1 comment:

Micki said...

I love the gold fabric that you used. It really is lovely!
Micki