Thursday, November 11, 2010

Around America - Carolina BalloonFest

I don't know about anyone else but I love to see hot air balloons gliding along. There is something so magical about them as they pass (almost) silently overhead. The level of art work that is seen on many balloons can take your breath away.  I have ambitions to go up in one if I can keep some of my vertigo issues squelched :)
I was reading a posting yesterday about the Carolina BalloonFest and a book called "Lighter Than Air" by David Owen.

The photographs in the post are stunning so I hope you will take the time to go visit.
http://homeiswheretheboatis.wordpress.com/2010/11/09/lighter-than-air

Just to whet your appetite a bit here's one of Mary's montages. Reminds me of a quilt pattern ...... what do you think?


Then check out the rest of her blog because it is gorgeous and I am having photography envy in a BIG way !!!!!!!


Oh ...... before I forget here's the link to the BalloonFest http://www.carolinaballoonfest.com/ This is an annual event, the first being held in 1974.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful photos, and a great inspiration for quilt ideas!

~ Meagan