Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Exchange Heaven - Cross stitch snowflake


Lindsay received my exchange yesterday and likes it. We had to do something in the color of choice of the recipient. Since she also likes snowmen I chose to do a snowflake since we cannot have snowmen without them :)
The back is a quilted heart with her initial on it and when I work out why the pictures are loading sideways today I'll add it into the posting. 

(Well the back side is not going to happen. I reloaded my photographs, making sure I had them set right and the picture still did not upload right ways up from my original). 

Lindsay has blogged about the exchange at her site http://purplepds.blogspot.com/ You can also go to http://exchangeheaven.blogspot.com/

The design for the snowflake can be found in Vanessa-Ann's Holidays in Cross-Stitch 1995 and was originally a snowflake pillow. I used 14 count Aida, two shades of purple matt cotton floss from Designed for the Needle and DMC variegated Jewel Effects #E130. The back, two purple patterned fabrics is my own design and has her initial machine stitched into the middle of the heart.

No comments: