Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Creative Prompt Challenge

I've decided to take part in the Creative Prompt Project. I want to get back to drawing/painting on a regular basis. I think it will help my design/quilting/embroidery creativity. The prompt is posted at http://artquiltmaker.com/blog/ every Friday but I will probably post my effort on Wednesday's.

I'll put the link in my side bar and if you are interested in participating it will take you to the start page.
The current prompt till this Friday is #90-symbol. I am looking at Celtic symbols since they are part of my life as a Scot that is interested in history. I'll add my drawing as soon as it is finished.

So here's my sketch. Not your typical Celtic Knot :) (I did it in pencil first then went over it in ink.)

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Good for you. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Debbie said...

Wonderful....I love zentangles. Your Celtic knot is really good. I like the variety of fill ins that you used. I always seem to get stuck after a couple and just keep repeating the pattern.

Micki said...

I have a lot of Celtic symbols that are in the Irish Quilting Magazine...It's a big thing here too!
Micki

Jaye said...

Hi Carol,
Really great prompt response. Hope you enjoy the project. Thanks for participating.
Jaye
http://artquiltmaker.com/blog

pajudie said...

Oh, Carol - I love your Celtic Knot - that could be done with some funky fabric made into bias tape :o)
Judie