Thursday, December 18, 2008

George Bernard Shaw

"Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

Well I had a ridiculous "burning bright" moment this morning. I'm still having nausea issues when I eat from all the prep for my Colonoscopy last Friday. Today I decided to have some pancakes, which worked well. However, while the first one was cooking, I smelled burning and went back into the kitchen to investigate. Lo and behold the plate was on fire and sparking and smoke was starting to billow up to the extractor fan !!!! Turns out last time that particular plate had been used something combustible had dripped down below. So here I sit with the kitchen window and sun room door both open trying to air out the house :)

No comments: