Friday, December 5, 2008

Play day at the YMCA

I had plans but ended up having a play day of sorts. I started out going to our local Family History group for a presentation on Prehistoric Archaeology in Middle Tennessee. It was very interesting and we learned a goodly amount about a couple of sites right on our doorstep i.e. down the street.  We might be doing some creative writing classes next year to record our personal histories. 

A couple of the ladies decided to go out to lunch and I was invited along. We went for "meat and three", fried pork being the Friday choice of the day. Yum. They both had fascinating stories to tell about some of their personal family research.

I've been having some problems coming up with ideas to finish off some of my wall hangings -artist's block I guess. I decided to drop in on our local quilt group which meets on Friday afternoons. I introduced myself, looked at some of their work then raced home to let Lucy out and pick up a couple of my projects. The ladies were great. They gave me some ideas and  a couple of stencil designs to draw onto my fabric. I also took some of my butterfly blocks to work on and they liked what I have done thus far. I think I will start attending the group on a regular basis and.... remember to take my camera along. Their quilts are gorgeous and at least two are hanging in the center.

My thought for today.

The game of life is like a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.
Florence Scovel Shinn.

( I'm thinking too much about Australia at the moment :) )

No comments: