Friday, December 12, 2008

Through Thick and Thin

So the colonoscopy went well but if I never have to drink Gatorade mixed with a laxative again I will be more than happy :) All of that purging caused my blood pressure to drop quite considerably but I should be fine by tomorrow.

I did get a lot of reading done which was nice. Read almost all of "Seven Layers of Organization" and given my own interior design background I have a quote from there.

"Good merchandising displays a room in it's best light by telling all who enter that you thought about what goes where."

All that means is group your collectibles together attractively instead of scattering them all over the place. The eye then rests and looks properly at the objects instead of bouncing all over the place. e.g. I have a collection of birds carved on small wooden eggs. They are displayed on a pair of small decorative stair steps in my front living room. It is located on the small wall beside the front door so the grouping is also physically contained in it's space and not lost on a large wall.

I'm contemplating whether or not I want to take part in an on-line quilt block exchange next year. At the moment it looks like it will be a semi patriotic theme with the emphasis being on blue and white.

I'm also contemplating trying to make some of the quilts in Fons and Porter's "Baby Quilts" magazine. I don't normally buy anything about baby quilts but this one proved to be interesting. If you are interested in kits you can find them at www.ShopFonsandPorter.com

No comments: