Thursday, December 4, 2008

Louisa May Alcott

Wonderful author.  I read her books when I was a teenager. Don't ask me which one this quote is from I forgot to write it down !!!

"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." 

Many of us chastise ourselves when we fall short of our expectations when really we should be rejoicing in what we have been able to accomplish. 

I remembered this morning that I had agreed to do a cardinal swap (the bird). I found a quilt block with a cardinal on it that has always annoyed me because it did not "turn out right". I took it apart and cut it to size then did some crazy scrap quilting round it. Put some glittery rick rack on it. Turned out great and looks sooooo much better than the original idea. I have another one that I might just tear apart and make a regular Christmas block size from.

Currently my aspirations are telling me to take my Christmas package for my parents to the post office and mail it :) Where's a padded envelope when one needs one ? Oh, right, the post office :)

No comments: