Thursday, September 10, 2009

Local Life - The Warner Parks

I have now officially "signed my life away" as in I am now a volunteer family historian for the Warner Parks and this is where I will be hanging out on a regular basis (The Nature Center at Edwin Warner.) I've already put in a goodly number of hours over the past few days and I have to say that I am really enjoying what and whom I am researching. (Can't tell.) Yesterday I got to see a humming bird up close and personal.
This is the main entrance to the nature center and the path leads to the library, admin building, pond and experimental garden.
The parks cover about 2,684 acres and are split into a number of areas. The main sections are Percy Warner and Edwin Warner Parks.
The land was donated by Percie Warner Lea and her husband Luke Lea and has been on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984.

No comments: