Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

It would be remiss of me not to acknowledge today and the anniversary of the bombings. We observed a moment of silence at our genealogy group this morning.
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing on that day?
I was getting my kids ready for school and felt strongly impressed to turn on the T.V. The news was on and I watched the second plane hit. Then I cried. I spent the rest of the day watching events unfold both at home and at the middle school. The sense of shock and disbelief was very evident.
I have a number of Muslim, Sikh and Indian friends, here and in Europe, who were seriously impacted by this event in a negative manner just because of "the color of their skin and their clothing."
May we each remember and try to understand the losses that happened to all people and do our part to show more kindness to each other.

1 comment:

Micki said...

Yes, it was a great shock when it happened! We just saw some shows on 9/11 and they were so sad!
Micki